Monday, May 28, 2007

MEMORIAL DAY 2007

Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to all those who serve to keep our country safe. We share freedom today because of those who made the choice to defend USA. My thoughts are with those who are missing their families who are serving/or have lost their lives for our freedom.
click on pic below for more

2007_05_28

We started our day with a parade. We met up with the Lopers, Brewers and Walkers. The kids really enjoyed it! Now we are at Memaw and Papaw Snellings and are just spending the day here! I have to work at 4:45pm:( We are going to eat and play games. We are going to play croquet, I haven't played that in while(sounds fun). Hope you all enjoy your holiday.


6 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Memorial day to you too! Since we're in Colombia there won't be any parades, or get togethers with other family and friends that understand what we are celebrating, but we're having a good day anyhow! =) I try to pray for our President and troops each day! I cannot imagine having my husband, brothers, Daddy or son serving and living away from me....or dying for me to have freedom. I appreciate those that have served. Dad D., and my uncle, and Granddaddy did serve. My uncle was killed in boot camp when a tank rolled over him. =(

You do have cute kids!

Love, Heather =)

sarahmfry said...

Oh I MISS croquet! Happy memories. David and I are hoping to find a set at a yard sale one of these days. You all are such a picturesque family! (Don't let De see that word I just used or she'll ridicule me.)

Anonymous said...

Love the Memorial Day pics. Especially the family one! Looks like you guys had a great weekend! I go to Dr. today. Will let you know how it goes. Don't we get together this week? I hope so!
love,
Janie

Unknown said...

Janella, I enjoyed looking at your pictures. I love Jenna's wave! That was so cute. We went to a parade here and Mollie just loved it. Then we went swimming at Steve and Theresa's and when Mollie went to go down the water slide, she sat on a wasp and got stung right on the rear!! She was NOT a happy camper after that. But we still had a fun day. Glad you guys did too.

Tamra said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day!

The Going Blog said...

David and I are parade people but it has traditionally been the Indy 500. It might be fun to switch it up and come your way next time. Our shriners were on horses. I like the itt bitty cars better. The Indy 500 has alot of celebreties and you get to see the drivers up close.
Come see us. Cameron is out of school so it can be first of the week since Brian works weekends.