Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Made Me Think

I worked on Memorial Day in the evening. I met a couple that I can't get off my mind. The man was wearing a T-shirt with a picture of a Marine on it. Below the picture was the quote "Never let them forget"I asked him if it was his son. He said "yes, we lost him in January" he and his wife were both crying as they talked. I told them how much I appreciated the sacrifice and that I would pray for them. I was very at loss for words. How can you comfort that kind of pain. I just needed that extra reminder in my day. I can do a small part and keep our service men and women in my prayers, and their families that are at home too. His picture is an image in my mind that I hope will always remain. Lil Billy was his name, he was only 20, he gave his life to help secure me and my family. Thank You Billy may we never forget!
click on pic below for more


1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Girl, I am so proud of you! What you said was exactly enough. Thanks for the reminder and the pictures. It hit home to us again last week seeing our nephew Chris in uniform getting ready to go back to Iraq for the second time.