Monday, May 21, 2007

Fun was had by all!

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great weekend!
I must say I am proud of my endeavor to be a Cub Scout Mom. We arrived at camp around 1:30 Saturday afternoon. We picked a site and put out the tent. The kids were raring to go to the lake, so off we went. I would like to mention my wardrobe of a long jean skirt and slip on tennis shoes. I thought this to be sufficient. The only spot I knew of to get down to the creek was about a 4ft bank, I kept going,... just a little mud. We had some fun skipping rocks mostly just throwing rocks, then......Jenna says "I have to go potty right now!! I can't wait" I did not pack extra clothes for her(mistake #3 or maybe #4). So we tried to take care of the situation and well, everything got wet BUT the ground. So....off with the wet clothes, socks(mine too). I was laughing thankfully.
I wanted a few cute pictures, while trying I managed to fall into the water LOL but did save the camera:) Then I had to climb back up the 4ft drop off, lets just say I'm glad no one was taking pics of that.
Jacob had a great time racing his boat. My mommy spirit and Jenna were cheering him on. He won quite a few races Yea!!! Jenna loved the monkey bars. I was hoping no one would notice the boys boxer briefs she was wearing(I did pack extra for Jacob?) We had a great time, I was very glad I took him. I did get to photo a not so fun slithering snake off a trail. Brian got there around 7:30pm. They had the special ceremony where the scouts change rank and received their awards. Jenna and I were very ready to go at about 8:30pm. We came straight home and jumped in the jacuzzi! The boys slept very well and got home around 9:45 Sunday morning in time to fly around and get ready for church.

2007_05_19

Click on pic above for more

Jenna has a really good friend at church. His name is Bryson Craycraft and you just never know what they are up to. I thought this was one of their cute moments!!
2007_05_20

click on pic for more

9 comments:

Tamra said...

Congratulations Jacob on crossing over! Good job on braving the camp out day!
I love the pic of Jenna and Bryson looking at the tree hole. I guess we will have to keep in mind their shenanigans are only beginning... :)

The Dickinsons said...

So cute...that pic of them looking at that hole in the tree. Adorable.

Have a great day in Jesus.

Love, Heather =)

Anonymous said...

too cute!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jacob! Looks like your kids had tons of fun. Janella, You go girl!
Love,
Janie

Myranda said...

Go, Jacob!! That is awesome. How old was he when he started? We plan to put Treyton into cub scouts soon.

Love the pics of Jenna and Bryson. Tehy are just adorable!!

sankey family said...

Jacob, way to go! Congratulations. Janella, I'm laughing over your description of your involvement in Jacob's big day. But what a mom you are - congrats to you, too.
Miss you....

Melodie

Leanna Pitcher said...

Love the pics! Sounds like you had quite an interesting time and lots of good laughs:)

Rebekah said...

Nothing like a fun day in the good ol' outdoors!! Looks like the kids had fun!! Good thing you saved the camera from the water!! What in the world would your blog be without pics??:0 I enjoy looking at your blog!

Anonymous said...

Quelle est la taille de la source de ces grandes données? <a href="https://www.google.com/</a>Quelle quantité de données puis-je obtenir, car je soupçonne que ce contenu substantiel a été supprimé de la base de données?