Thursday, June 28, 2007

Busy,Busy,Busy...

I'm Back! At long last I have a moment to sit down. What a very busy time it is. Most everyone knows that I was only home for 3 days after vacation and then headed out to Church camp. We had a very good time at camp. I can't believe that I didn't take ONE picture. It was so nice to spend time with friends and family. My favorite thing at camp is being in the tabernacle and hearing everyone sing together. I was so blessed to share in His Presence. We also had a great camp fire Sat. night. Thanks to my friends who did take pictures!

On a sadder note, (bittersweet I should say) I had to say Goodbye to one of my very best friends last night. Deanna is leaving on Friday to go to Ireland with her hubby Mark. They are taking an associate pastorate close to his home stompin grounds. We had our "Girls night out" last night, we made new memories and just enjoyed being together. We went to Newport, Kentucky which surprisingly we have never done. We at a Brio's Italian Grille and had Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. Deanna is an incredible friend who has always been their for me. I know God will use her in Ireland, her absence from us is definitely Ireland's' gain. My love and prayers go with them as they embark on this new journey. I'm so glad we do get to see her in August, that made saying our goodbye a little easier. I love ya DE!

GNO

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is there a smiley face on the picture "the babies joined us" !?!! haha Definitely a memory-making night. Glad your home safe and sound for a while.

sankey family said...

Dear Janella,
your post brought tears to my eyes - for you all and for Deanna. I've been on her side, for sure, but hadn't really thought how it feels to be the friends left behind. I'll be praying for the 3 of you that are "left" and of course, for Deanna and Mark. I know a little of what she must be feeling.
Is she coming back in August?
Can't wait to see you soon! (at least we hope)

Love,
Melodie

The Going Blog said...

I'm sad for you. Life takes interesting curves. I think it is awesome how you all have stayed close through marriages and babies. You were loving holding that new baby weren't you? Even more fun to go home to your much more grown babies :) Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

Ahhh! Such beautiful words. How does one put into words 9 years of GNO?! We will miss her, won't we?

Marty said...

Loved seeing you and your family at camp. Hopefully, we can do it again sometime!

I also took zero pics at camp, except those from Mom and Dad's anniversary party. I can't believe my camera went so long without being used!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pictures. I'm going to miss her too.