Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

There is no way to describe the fun we had in Gatlinburg:) Let me begin with the day of departure first:
We left our kids at Granpa&Me maw Snelling's Thursday around 12:30pm, that was quite hard for Brian and I. We have only left Jenna one night in her life, so we were nervous! Jacob was not feeling well so it was a little hard on this mommy to leave:(

We arrived in Gatlinburg around 6pm. Our cabin was awesome, HUGE! We shared a bunk room with Bradley, Lisa, Paul and Sara. We stayed up late every night of course!! There were 24 of us and plenty of room.
We checked out some blogs while we were there:) Ebay was visited also:)

Friday we started out with devotions and a very yummy breakfast at the Pancake Pantry. Then.......an 11 MILE bike ride in Cades Cove, I must mention this was not a flat trail. It was a challenge at times but I did it! Brian's bike broke down around mile 2, we were not happy about that. He hitched a few rides back to the rental office.
We enjoyed eating together at No Way Jose's Fri. night, then walking around downtown Gatlinburg. Some of the guys and gals played Laser tag. To bed late again...

Saturday we had devotions then breakfast(at Bob Evan's not our first choice). The girls hit the outlet malls while the guys took a helicopter ride and raced the go carts.
8 of us went horseback riding around 4pm, this was definitely a highlight in my trip, the weather was beautiful and it was very peaceful, except for the little power struggle between Smokey(my horse) and Thelma (Stephanie's horse).
We then headed to Texas Roadhouse for supper and then to the Comedy Barn for some good laughs! I must add that the Comedy Barn is interested in good clean family comedy! Then we quickly headed
to Gatlinburg for some last minute shopping! Up late again......

Sunday came quite quickly and we all straggled out towards home and most of all my KIDS!! We missed them terribly!
Now those are just some highlights, a lot of laughter, games, hottub, some practical jokes and much, much, more fun added in gave us a very wonderful weekend with some of our closest friends! Thanks guys for all the fun, can't tell you what it means to have friends that are Christians and headed toward the same Goal! Lots of love to you:) Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Gatlinburg Trip 2007


Now to my wonderful in~laws, THANK YOU SO MUCH for keeping my kids, I never worried that they weren't taken care of! You guys are the best!! Aunt La La, thanks for all your help too! My kids had a wonderful fun packed weekend!
Thanks Jenn and kids for putting up with Doodle and watching the house. Doodle kisses are sent your way, whether you want them or not:)

By the way Jacob is still sick with an ear infection and asthma. We are making it though.
Have a great week!

9 comments:

The Millard Family said...

Sounds wonderful! Everyone needs to get away like that.

The Going Blog said...

I can tell you had an awesome weekend. Really happy for you (and just a tiny bit jealous ha) Somebodys pics included a back view of the "girls" hair. That was so cool to see and try to figure out who was who. That was one big bunk bed! Who put this whole thing together?

Tamra said...

We will definitely have to do this again. Thanks for being great friends!

Lavy Country said...

You pretty much summed it up. It was so much fun. I will have to point bloggers your and Tamra's way for all the great pictures and details. So glad you were there. Love you too!

Ronda said...

I am so happy for all of you...What a blessing to be able to spend time with great friends! I am sure that you made memories for a lifetime! (Sounds like you had a blast!) I really enjoyed your pictures...Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Janella, looks like everyone had a great time on the Gatlinburg trip. I noticed your comment on my blogspot. Glad you stopped by to chat and look at my pictures. :o)Yes I am back in school, have been for almost a year now. Taking it very slow. That is all I can do however, at this time. I too am getting addicted to this blog thingy and I don't really have time to be addicted this way but, I am. Stop by often and keep in touch! :o)

Deanna said...

Love the new glasses! They look great!
Missing you so much!
Deanna

sankey family said...

This all looks like a ton of fun! Makes me miss everyone so much, though. What a fun weekend!

Melodie

The Dickinsons said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I'm so happy that all of y'all got to go. Loved all the pics!

Love, Heather =)