Saturday, August 11, 2007

Playing Catch UP

Hi Friends! How is your Summer? Ours is very HOT!!! We are doing our best to enjoy it. Just about 2 weeks before school starts, I find myself dreading it as much as I did when I was a kid!

Once again my blog is suffering neglect. I'll try to catch up.
We have had a lot going on with church functions and believe it or not the camera has not been busy, too hot to take pictures!
My big accomplishment this week~shelves in the basement! I'm so excited about them! My wonderful father~in~law offered to build them for me! I of course couldn't turn down the offer. Thanks Jerry, it was a big job but, we did it! We tackled the job on Thursday about noon and were finished by 6pm or so. Because Jerry has a bad shoulder I had to do some pretty heavy lifting, oh how I wish someone had taken pictures! I'm very happy with the shelves, the kids like them too! All the kids toys fit and I still have a shelf I can fill! (top shelf baskets are empty) I love organization:)

2007_08_11

Do your children like to go in places they just aren't supposed to go???

2007_08_09

I'm going to blame this on Papaw Snelling! I don't know maybe its a good idea:)

We are spending Sat. evening at Brian's parents house with his family and cousin Going's. We have a lot of fun with them so I'm looking forward to it!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Leanna Pitcher said...

I LOVE your new shelves and I am so happy for you that it is now done. Enjoy - your much more organized basement.

Anonymous said...

your new blog colors are great! the shelves look awesome. you are so organized. i knew you'd be up until the painting was done! it looks great!!

sankey family said...

Your new shelves sound awesome. Congrats on your hard work! And you couldn't have had someone better to work with - how many times did we call Jerry to help us with something at our house or the church? Too many to count!
Love and miss you all,
Melodie

Tamra said...

The shelves look great. Jerry always does an awesome job. You did good on the painting too!

Erin said...

Hey Janella, it has been a LONG time. Last I knew, you had one baby boy... now you are one "hopping mom." Your kids are beautiful. Glad you found me here.

The Dickinsons said...

Your new shelves look GREAT! I'm sooo happy for you! I have one of those wonderful, helpful, HANDY Father-in-laws too! =D Wish I lived a little closer to he and Mom D. though! =,(

Take care,
Love, Heather =)

Ronda said...

Janella...It was fun to get your comment..Somehow I think blogging could become addictive!(smile) I enjoy your blog very much...Your pics are great and the kids are cute..I'm trying not to covet the shelves!!!I'm sure you will enjoy them! Keep in touch!Love Ronda

Jennifer said...

Hey, Janella! You asked on my blog who the Fowlers are . . . well, they are a couple who, just out of the blue, volunteered their time, energy, and skills to help get the church building ready to hold services. They've done a lot of remodeling homes, so they know what they're doing! They live a little less than an hour away, but travel in almost daily to work at the church. Sometimes they even "camp out" in a room they've fixed up in the run-down parsonage on the church property. They are a God-send! Very sweet people!!

Rob and Deanna said...

Love your shelves I need to do something like that in my house, too!