Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun

Hang on! I think this might turn out to be a very long ride! I have a lot to share!
Yesterday we set off to have a great day! Brian took the day off and it really felt like vacation to us.
We decided to spend a few hours at Newport Aquarium. I love a good deal and the Aquarium is almost finishing up its deal for the summer; buy 1 adult ticket and get up to 2 kids in free!!! So, the kids were free:) The special starts at 4:30 pm and the Aquarium closes at 7pm. We had plenty of time.
We had so much fun, I love saltwater fish and sharks. Watching them is very relaxing to me. There is one part of the Shark Fest that wasn't very relaxing to Jenna. You step into a little hallway sort of, and you look like you are in a cage. There is a huge screen! The little movie starts and you are just viewing the video.....then....the sharks start crashing into the screen, mouths wide open, lots of big, sharp teeth and the floor beneath you starts to shake! Jenna started screaming bloody murder!!!! It was a bit to realistic for my 4 yr old. I might add it made me a little jumpy:) I quickly left the room and took about 5 minutes to calm her down. She did not look forward to the shark tunnel:( By the time we left she and the rest of us had all petted some small sharks. I think she had recovered however; she has mentioned that she never wants to see that shark movie again!

Before we went to the Aquarium we walked around Newport on the Levy. The purple people bridge was fun for the kids. They love to watch the boats and imagine seeing fish in the river.

We then went to Brian and Matthew's favorite restaurant-Don Pablo's on the river. We had some very yummy food and then headed home. It just so happens that The Cone is kind of on the way home8) The Cone is in West Chester and it has yummy ice cream. I thought it was a great way to end a great DAY!
click on pic to view album


Day at Newport




Last Thursday the kids and I went to see our friends, Betsy, Wyatt and Maggie. I started baby sitting Wyatt when he was a baby and then Maggie came along. I of course had Jacob when I started babysitting and then Jenna came along. We have gone through quite a lot with then. We really turned into family and we had so much fun spending the day with them8) The kids are great fun and there was never a dull moment!
click on pic to view album


2007_08_16Wyatt&Maggies House




Last Monday (Aug.13) I got to spend the evening with my friends! Deanna was in the states for a wedding. We went to Abuelo's for supper and spent a few hours catching up with each others lives while having Starbucks(yummy:). You might get tired of reading this but......I love my friends, they are such an awesome blessing in my life! We were spoiled to get to see De so soon:) Love and miss ya De!
click on pic to view album


2007_08_13



Last Sat. our church has a annual "Rolling Picnic" It is an part of our outreach program. We went to about 5 communities and had hot dogs, chips, fruit snacks, Popsicle's and water to share with the community. We take a couple trailers loaded with grills, picnic table and all the other supplies. There were about 60 of us I think, it was very organized by Kris W. and Rebecca M. We were able to make some new contacts and also reunite with other children who have not attended church for a while. We invited the children to come to our VBS this weekend.
It was a long day but so worth it! I hope this event was able to reach those that are looking for peace in their lives. I am so glad that we have the answer to those who are searching for something to satisfy. My prayer is that those children will come to VBS and learn that Jesus loves THEM! Not only did it minister to those we don't know, it was very much a blessing to reach out, Thank You Jesus for the blessing!
click on pic to view album
rollingpicnic

We start school on Monday, I have all the material, I hope we like the DVD's. It is the A Beka Curriculum DVD program. Last year I did the teaching and it went really well, I just decided we would try this out because next year I will have two students and I don't think I'm up for that challenge, we will see. We have 30 days to try it and if it doesn't work out we will switch back to mommy being teacher:) Matthew is also doing this same program and starts on Monday too.

I think I have rattled on sufficiently! I've had a break because today is Daddy Do List(Brian took another day off)

  • Daddy lets go fishing
  • Daddy lets go swimming
  • Daddy lets go drive Jacob's R/C Mini T
  • Daddy lets go to Bass Pro Shop..................

What an awesome Dad!!!! Love you honey:)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

11 comments:

sankey family said...

I loved catching up with your life. I miss you.

Melodie

Rob and Deanna said...

Wow, the "rolling Picnic" is really a Neat idea! Looks like a lot of fun. Pictures of you 4 Girls are really good! Wish I could have seen Dee before she went back. :-(

Tim and Kristina said...

Thanks for face painting at the rolling picnic, I appreciate your help!! I was glad others took pictures, keeping track of my camera was the farthest thing from my mind!

Kris

Anonymous said...

Wow! lots of great blogging moments! Glad you took your camera! enjoyed all your pics! Can't beleive summer's coming to an end.
Love ya!
Janie

Heather said...

I loved reading all about your week! I think yours was much more exciting than mine. 8o)

Stephanie said...

Ahh! We are now caught up. It was like reading a novel, this entry of yours. I enjoyed it! All I was missing was my cup of coffee! Love ya! Great pics too!

Rebekah said...

I enjoyed reading about the closing days of summer for you!! Looks like there has been a lot of fun involved!!! Hope the schooling goes well!!

Becky said...

Always enjoy reading about your lives. I am sure you will enjoy the DVD program. I have a niece that uses it, and she really enjoys it.

Anonymous said...

Janella,
Love your blog. I'm jealous - I didn't get to see De or go to Don Pablos. Oh, well, you can't have it all.

Lori

Tamra said...

Wow! You really did cover a lot of territory. Glad Brian was able to take a few days off to be with you guys to have some fun. He deserves a break after all those long hours.

Myranda said...

Loved reading all the news - Really loved all the pics!!