Thursday, August 30, 2007

SCHOOL

Time is one thing I wish you could stop, well, just every once in a while. Summer vacation has ended and school is here! As a result my blogging time has greatly suffered!


Jacob home schooled last year and it went very well! This year (3rd grade) we decided to try DVDs. We started on Monday. I must say this is definitely a change of pace! I think:) when he is in the groove of things it will actually be a good thing. It is a longer day, he is not the only "student" just to name two of the changes we are dealing with. Time will tell and we are going to give it our best! I will add that you can try it for 30 days and if you are not satisfied you can get a full refund. Don't get me wrong we can give it our best shot!! Jacob has said he likes it better. My how the struggles of education can boggle our mind. HELP!!!!.........................

2007_08_27


We had a weekend VBS at our church (last weekend). Jesus to the Rescue! I think it was a success! Check out the great FUN!
2007_08_26

I just want to share a little bit about the most wonderful thing in my life! Bear with me:)

Jesus my dearest friend would be that most wonderful "thing" in my life! I take a lot of time sharing other things and this has been on my mind so I want to share this too!

First of all I am so far from a theologian as you will read. I just have a relationship with Jesus and He teaches me like a child. I am learning very slowly since many years ago when this relationship started out. He is so patient with me. I don't know why He loves me so much, I don't know where I would be without Him! He has been especially close lately and I am so thankful. He knows ME! I don't have to tell Him where I am, He already knows. I don't have to share my heart, He already knows. I don't have to worry if He thinks I'm weak, He already knows that He is my strength. I don't have to wait for Him to listen, He is already there! I don't have to wonder if He loves me in spite of my faults, He already showed His love to me on Calvary! I don't have to worry about the future, He holds it. In fact He knew all along how much I would need Him and He gave me His word to lean on. These are just a very,very few of the blessings I receive in this relationship! I give Him my all and receive so much more in return! I have peace in a very unpeaceful world! I am only beginning to understand the great responsibility that is mine to share this wonderful "thing" with others. Why not share?

Have a wonderful week:)

7 comments:

sankey family said...

Dear Janella,
I so needed what you have shared this morning. Thank you for reminding me of how wonderful it is to be His child.
Love and miss you,
Melodie

Gloria Snelling said...

What a beautiful testimony. I love you.

Mom S.

The Dickinsons said...

Janella, Thanks for posting all about Jesus, your very Best Friend! I really enjoyed reading what you had to say, for I know it is TRUE!

Enjoyed catching up on your blog. Some fun pics too!

Love, Heather =)

Beth Stetler said...

Great thoughts, Janella. Thanks for posting. God is Good!

Beth

Katie and the boys said...

Stay encouraged!!!!!!!!! I am glad Jacob is liking the DVD's! Good luck with 3rd grade!
Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow, a great reminder! Thanks, it gives me energy to go to the four services we have at church today and share.

Hey I did the videos one year. They are good! But they are long, so Just be aware, I was very bad and fast forwarded when I got bored. I'm not saying that your child would do this.... but it is a very great option!:)

Anonymous said...

great post, janella! when we're feeling overwhelmed by our complexities (is that a word!?) how wonderful to know that He is our Creator and knows us inside out!